INTERNATIONAL ROLL-CALL IS HIRING!Voting System Technical Support Technician
Voting System Technical Support Technician
International Roll-Call® Corporation's (IRC) collective foundation of legislative knowledge coupled with its technology proficiencies provides the essential elements to develop and implement successful products and solutions. The members of the IRC professional staff offer either backgrounds and proficiencies in either legislative processes and/or technical knowledge that allows them to understand and respect the unique responsibilities the elected members of state legislatures, the appointed or elected staff, and the technical and process support staff. This understanding and appreciation are integral ingredients relied upon for the success of all our legislative solutions.
IRC has a proven and reliable history with the development and installation of legislative voting systems in over 70 of the state legislative chambers. IRC has coupled the success and technologies of Legislative Voting Systems (hardware) with the development and installation of Legislative Management Systems (software) for a number of state legislatures.
Are you interested in the legislative process and providing legislative voting system and display solutions in State Capitols and City and County Governments around the country, serving in a technical support capacity, and willing to travel up to 20 weeks during the year, often in two to three-week increments, for either on-site product installations or service? IRC is looking for problem-solvers with technical and customer relations skills including verbal and written communication capacities. Do you enjoy working with technology products, providing user training, troubleshooting system issues to resolve a variety of technical issues, can comfortably navigate various software environments, and have the ability to effectively prioritize and manage your time? Do you have experience or technical training in working with integrated circuitry and components? If yes, then IRC is the place for you and we would like to talk to you about the Voting System Technician position.
The work and travel schedules and associated time commitment are dependent upon each job and often is dictated by the schedule of a state's respective legislative session timetable.
- Ensure responsiveness and first-time resolution to customers’ requests for technical support primarily through incoming support calls.
- Troubleshoot and solve simple to highly complex hardware and software technical issues using logical troubleshooting approach with attention to detail.
- When needed, work with other members of the IRC team to install hardware and software and to resolve issues to achieve a successful installation project.
- Periodically provide on-site support for service projects, event support, installations, and on-site technical service (amount of on-site technical work could vary based on geographical location and seasonality).
- Possess the ability to actively listen to customers and capture accurate detailed notes about troubleshooting, plans of action, and site-specific information for all customer interactions.
- Provide both normal work-day and occasional after-hours technical support during peak periods of legislative session potentially including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Assist with the design and production of concepts, mock-ups, and prototypes, as well as test functionality and evaluate for production and functional troubleshooting solutions.
- As needed, specify and select automation components, order them, and follow up deliveries.
- Efficiently and effectively perform assembly, build, wiring, startup testing, and troubleshooting of machines from system diagram and electrical schematics including electrical enclosures and various mechanical assemblies.
- Other tasks assigned as needed to fulfill customer demand and continuously improve.
- Regularly participate in technical training on new and different products and systems to advance your technical knowledge for supporting IRC hardware and software system application.
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Any related technical or vocational degree or certification is preferred but not required and actual technical trade experience is an added benefit for consideration. Course work or actual employment experience in electronics, networking, or computers is preferable including Information Systems, Network & Security Administration, Electronics Technology, Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Engineering Technology. IRC will consider applicants with non-technical degrees or course work if applicant also has previous experience demonstrating technical learning ability and aptitude.
- Previously demonstrated ability to understand and apply technical concepts quickly, retain that knowledge, and convey that knowledge to customers who have varying levels of technical ability.
- Demonstrated experience interacting with a variety of individuals in a positive, professional manner. Previous customer service and/or phone/call center experience preferred but not required.
- Effectively exercise discretion, independent judgment, and responsible time management.
- Comfortable working independently from a home office location and/or a physical office environment, and on-site in various capital city geographic locations across the United States.
- Strong computer skills required including: Internet navigation, word processing, spreadsheets, and strong proficiency with Microsoft Operating systems.
- Able to travel by air and ground (TSA precheck status suggested). Valid driver's license and good driving record. Motor vehicle records will be checked.
- Physical requirements include the ability to:
- Distinguish and identify wire colors.
- Read fine print with or without the use of corrective lenses.
- Work on scaffolding or climb ladders.
- Lift and carry heavy (up to 50 lbs.) and/or awkward items.
- Stand or sit for the full shift and have full range of motion (including but not limited to bending and lifting) required to perform the job function.
- Wear all proper protective equipment as required in work area in accordance with Daktronics Safety Policy and OSHA standards. Items may include the following: safety glasses, safety shoes/boots, hearing protection, electrostatic discharge wear.
How to Apply:
If interested in being considered for this position, please send your resume and letter of interest to the following snail mail and email contact:
International Roll-Call® Corporation
VOTING SYSTEM TECHNICIAN
5316 Patterson Avenue
Richmond, VA 23226
You may also email to email@example.com with Subject: Voting System Technician